PSLOD Mission Statement
The mission of Palm Springs Leather of the Desert is:
1) To provide a source of communication and information for compatible and like-minded individuals involved in or actively pursuing an interest in the Leather/SM/Fetish lifestyle.
2) To provide a safe atmosphere for growth and support of the Leather/SM/Fetish lifestyle for its the members while nourishing a sense of sister/brother hood and camaraderie within the organization and the community.
3) To provide personal support, and interact with other organizations, our Leather/SM/Fetish colleagues, and the community in a manner evidenced by each individual's adherence to the PSLOD Code of Conduct.
4) To provide information to members and the community on the varied safe/sane/consensual expressions of the Leather/SM/Fetish lifestyle.
5) To provide information regarding the Leather/SM/Fetish lifestyle to the general community, to encourage a positive attitude of acceptance, and increase awareness of our positions, contributions and potential within the community.
6) To coordinate with like-minded organizations on a local, regional, state, national and worldwide level.
7) To promote with power and pride the right of all adults to engage in safe, sane and consensual sexual expression.
8) To raise funds for deserving projects, clubs, organizations, defense funds or charities which have given direct or indirect support to the Leather/SM/Fetish community.
9) To preserve a record of our history, traditions and culture.